At the beginning of 2012 I made a start on the Sentimental Journey BOM making excellent progress on the twelve main blocks. I placed them carefully in a large zip top plastic bag intending to complete the quilt the following year. Several times I pulled those blocks out, read the instructions, and after realising just how large this quilt would be and the difficulty I would have in quilting it on my Janome QC6260 popped them back into the bag for later.
One day while surfing the 'net I came across a U-tube on 'Quilt as you go'. Aha! Perhaps this was the answer! In the meantime I made another quilt that I divided into three parts and did use this particular method to put the quilt together. But ... that method used strips to join each section; not exactly what the Sentimental Journey quilt required. So back into the bag it went.
Earlier this year another U-tube showed yet another method ... a light bulb moment. Over the last several weeks I have joined blocks, quilted them row by row and joined them together. The borders were completed and this morning I put the final stitches into the quilt!! Yay! A project completed and a satisfied person who now can almost claim the title of "a quilter".