Friday, May 6, 2011

A Home amongst the gum trees

After a few days of intensive needleturn applique, and machining blocks together, I have now completed the Gum Leaf quilt top. This photo was taken outdoors in the bright sunlight, so the colours are rather dull [we haven't had any rain worth calling rain in WA for absolutely months].

I am not sure what border to put on ... will sleep on that for a night, as I find that the answer usually is very evident in the morning.


This quilt top has taken quite some time, mainly because I became side-tracked by other projects, but suddenly enthusiasm returned, and I bowled ahead quickly. The second photo, showing a portion of the quilt top, was taken indoors ... it has better colour.

One cot quilt left to complete; then I can make a beginning of The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt ... I have the book and CD ... I am very enthusiastic!! But, and I blame this on my Mother who always insisted one job be completed before another begun, I needed to have a clear conscience that I had completed other tasks!

Happy Mothers Day!

3 comments:

Karen's Korner said...

I love your gum leaves..I can just see myself in the aussie bush as I look at your quilt. Well done

RobynLouise said...

Lovely quilt, I can almost smell the eucalyptus :D!

Nuestras meriendas y manualidades said...

Hola¡ Bonitos trabajos.Gracias por visitarnos.Besos Caty