Sunday, July 10, 2011

Quilt and matching cushions

The sewing machine has been busy these past few days with the last stitch in place only moments ago.  Not to mention tying in all those ends!

Though the block pattern is easy the fabric gives the substance.  I had the brilliant green in my stash box for some time, originally purchased it for a project I forget what.  That project never left the ground!  When thinking about a birthday gift for my son undergarments, T-shirts, and other wearables hardly made the list.  I suppose it might be true to say I have taken to this quilting lark and look for any excuse to make another.
As I expect this quilt to find a place on the couch ... a warm cover for cold wintery nights ... a couple of matching cushions may be handy.  The quilt is backed with a warm flannel and I machined stitched 'wavy lines' for the quilting.  In the Ditch would not have given the same effect, whereas the wavy lines were just as simple, and in this case, I think, more effective.

1 comment:

Nuestras meriendas y manualidades said...

Hola me gusta y el colorido muy bonito
Saludos Mayte