Friday, December 14, 2012

Almost Santa Time

The festive season is fast approaching and I have been busily [a little like Santa's elves] stitching and knitting gifts for family as this year I have almost abandoned the Christmas shopping blitz that leaves the nerves frayed and the purse empty. 
 
A few dishcloths knitted with bamboo cotton yarn ... I am still using two that I made this time last year, they last forever!  And wash like a dishcloth!
 
A piece of fabric offered up in a Forum giveaway recently atracted my attention ... Mmmm, golfing tees.  I had in mind a quilt for an 'almost' family member, and found to my delight there was sufficient to construct a cushion to go with the quilt.  Perhaps it will grace an armchair in the cooler days of winter?
 
And another cushion; yes, I think it could truly be said I like making cushions.  However they can be a useful gift!

3 comments:

Karen's Korner said...

You have been busy - some lovely finishes there. Cute teddy.

Anonymous said...

Shirly you sure have been busy,lovely finishes ,well done.xx

Ondrea said...

Shirley, you have made some lovely gifts. I love the bamboo cotton to knit and crochet with. It is so soft. THe quilt is awesome and I soooo looove that teddy bear cushion. Some lucky person is going to open that gift with a big smile on their face.