Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Crazy or not?

Yesterday I heard wonderful news. A dear friend has been accepted into a nursing position at the hospital where she did her practical training. That reminded me of a bag I made for her birthday, earlier this year.

I hummed and hawed about colour, and pattern. A magazine article demonstrated crazy patchwork, and as I had several lovely blue fabrics, all crying out, "Use me!" I decided to oblige.

Not wishing to have a bag without a defined back and front it was an easy matter to find a design to put on the front. This up and coming nurse loves her garden ... hence my choice of design.


The bag was duly completed and forwarded in time for the birthday.

A few weeks later I receive a telephone call. Evidently the bag was just the right size for textbooks; several of her collegues admired the bag, which of course is a one off.

1 comment:

RobynLouise said...

That's a very nice bag. What a lucky friend :).