Friday, June 24, 2011

ATC

Earlier in the week my attention was captured by a posting in Our Craft Forum pertaining to Fabric Postcards and Artist Trading Cards.  My imagination ran into overdrive, and after countless hours lost due to the flush of creative ideas, yesterday I attempted my first Artist Trading Card ... I realise they should be part of a set ... I have ideas for five companions, but at the moment not the time.

Yes, this card is far from perfect, but perfection is a state reached only after a lot of trial and error, mistakes that can be learned from, and practice, practice, practice.  Once completed I immediately noticed several mistakes ... ones that can certainly be improved upon.

Perhaps this little project would have been best not allowed to see the light of the camera ... I suppose it could be truthfully said I am not shy in coming forward!

I present my first ever Artist Trading Card ... 'the ballet', the first in a series [I hope] entitled, "Let's Dance".
These little cards measure 2½" x 3½"; quite tiny in fact.  In case you wonder what the bottom 'things' represent ... footlights!  OK, I am no artist, but the time spent building this little card was extremely rewarding.

2 comments:

suzie said...

You are way to hard on yourself Shirl. Love it and and idea behind it. Will await the next instalments.

Karen's Korner said...

Fabulous and I look forward to seeing the other 5.