Sunday, June 5, 2011

Foundation Day weekend

This weekend in Western Australia is Foundation Day weekend; Foundation Day being celebrated as when the first British settlers landed at the Swan River [Fremantle/Perth today]. 

We had a busy few days earlier in the week with a visitor, which encouraged me to have a massive tidy up of my sewing gear!  Not that it is as tidy today!  Friday afternoon saw me feeling a cushion coming on.  The inactivity of earlier in the day made me feel slightly guilty; only slightly!  I have intentions of making another quilt, this time utilising the Post and Rail block as it is quick to do, but still effective, especially if the selection of fabric is well chosen.  The cushion was completed within a short time ... I will definitely make the quilt in this block.
Whilst in New Zealand and visiting a friend whom I have known all my life from teenage years onwards I made a promise to sew her an apron.  She is interested in fairies and angels ... and while I used fabric already in my stash the angel on the bib was an additional idea.  Hope you like it Megs!  It will be in the post early this week, but not tomorrow as the Post Office is closed.

Now my plate is clear, until the next row by row journal arrives, and I can once again concentrate on my The Farmer's Wife quilt blocks.

2 comments:

Nuestras meriendas y manualidades said...

E3l cojín tiene un colorido muy bonito y delantal me encanta el bordado del bolsillo
Besos Mayte

Maite - vitoma said...

Muy bonito todo.
Bss.