Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Shabby Chic

When a swap for a Shabby Chic item was first announced my mind went blank.  What exactly was Shabby Chic?  After a wander around with Mr Google I decided I could enter this swap, and when after our partners were announced I visited my favourite fabric shop and noticed a selection of shabby chic fabrics.

A lovely stitchery by Jenny of Elefantz gave me the perfect centre for a cushion.  Somehow the idea of a chair in a cushion gave a moment of whimsy.  There was one serious downfall ... I so loved the completed cushion that it almost didn't get posted to Shez.  Today she received the Shabby Chic swap, which gives me every reason to make this post, including a photo of said item.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh Shirley i love this shabby chic cushion so much,that is my decorating style,so its fits in beautifully and has taken pride of place in the family room.Thankyou so very much for this awesome cushion and i can understand why you wanted to keep it.xx

Ondrea said...

Shirl, the cushion is just so perfect! Love the use of the gingham print. Really pretty.