Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Whats in a Name

Dawn is asking how our blog name came about.  There are so many different names out there in Blogland, each as varied as their owner.

I thought long for a name ... my name is Shirley but upon my arrival in Australia I found that name quickly became Shirl ... it does appear to be an Australian thing to alter a name!  When I began my blog I simply combined my Aussie name with the place where I live and added sessions as my crafting does tend to come in waves, or sessions.

6 comments:

Maddy said...

Lovely story about how your name came to be.....enjoyed cursing around your blog.

Jeanneke said...

I like your blog and its name.

Marianne said...

Well that's creative...I like how you think. And I poked around your blog a bit and I know I'll be back.

KaHolly said...

The simpler, the better!! Lucky you to be living in Australia amidst all that talent!!

Vicki ♥ said...

I like your blogs name too Shirl :) Its great how we come about naming them :) Hugs Vicki x

Janet said...

Great name - thanks for 'splaining' it.